With this Vespa Tour of Eastern Paris and Montmartre, we will show you another Paris which is mainly known by the locals. Following in the footsteps of the cult French movie Amélie, we have inspired a tour for you to meet the French people and get a perspective of their daily life in Paris…
What can you expect during our Montmartre and Eastern Paris Tour by Vespa ?
On this Scooter Tour and through the thread of “Amélie”, it is a chance to explore the beautiful hill of Montmartre, home of fabulous artists like Picasso, Salvador Dali and Renoir living the “Bohème” life.
It is also an opportunity to see the real Parisian life, driving our Vespas across the lesser known 10th,11th,18th, and 19th districts of Paris – or “arrondissements” as the French call it.
Do you want to learn more about our Montmartre Tour ? Then check the places to see and itinerary at the bottom of this page.
Interested in our Montmartre Tour by Vespa ?
Check our conditions:
If you are staying in a hotel or appartment in Paris we will most likely be able to pick you up and drop you off at your accomodation. Then, our Montmartre Tour will start at your hotel. Otherwise, we will meet at a pre-arranged public place that has parking (near a train station like Gare du Nord if you come from London).
Duration of our Montmartre Tour
Our Montmartre Tour by Vespa usually last between around 3 hours and a half. From about 10:00am to 1:30pm or from 2:00pm to 5:30pm. As all tours are private, you won’t have to wait other clients at their hotel…If these schedules don’t fit your wish, contact us so that we see what we can arrange.
Snack time and/or a drink
As a private and customized tour, You have an opportunity to stop at the café “des Deux Moulins” (or at any other cafés of your choice) to have a snack, a drink before we keep on going on the tour. *Drinks not included in the price
What’s included in our Montmartre Tour ?
Our prices include : the Vespa delivered anywhere in Paris, 2 X helmets, gas, U-lock, scooter insurance, gloves, your guide and its scooter and French TVA taxes.
Prices & Booking of the tour
|Tour||One driver||With a passenger|
If you want to keep the scooter to drive on your own and visit Paris by yourself that’s possible ! (49€/day after a tour). GPS an option. It is a good way to avoid the subway and feel like a Parisian for the rest of your stay!
What are the requirements to participate in a Montmartre Tour by Vespa?
To feel confident driving a Vespa scooter and spend a nice day you need to have already driven a moped, Vespa, motorbike…or any 2 Wheels motorized. You also need a current driving licence and a valid card for the 1200€ deposit. (not charged – a hold)
More informations about the conditions to drive a Vespa in Paris are available in our FAQ section. Additional details can be asked by e-mail.
Places to see during our Eastern Paris & Montmartre Tour by Vespa
On the trail of the French movie Amélie…
After driving our Vespas on Montmartre hill for a while – and perhaps after having a drink at the terrace of the “Café des Deux Moulins” – we will drive along the Paris red light district where Amélie’s lover Nino works.
By the way, this red light district is also home of Paris cabarets, including the legendary Moulin Rouge.
Like Amélie and Nino Quincampoix, we will ride down St Vincent street (the same street where a mosquito crashes earlier in the movie) and along the Paris Montmartre’s vineyard, the oldest one in Paris. Even though, It doesn’t produce a Bordeaux wine, we still love it here!
Follow your Paris Tour Guide through the streets, swinging by the Épicerie Collignon (the Fresh fruit & vegetable store in the movie), and by the métro station where Amélie aids a blind man, describing to him his environment.
Now, off to the Eastern train station with its memorable facade window and the spiral stairwell that Nino Quincampoix swiftly runs to catch the mysterious man of the photo booth. It is in this same train station that Amélie helps Nino to unravel the mystery of this man who happens to be just a photo booth maintenance man.
During this Eastern Paris & Montmartre Tour by Vespa, we will also ride our scooters along the charming canal Saint-Martin. Yes, not only the Seine river crosses Paris! There is also a canal and it is there that Amélie once set free her goldfish and where she likes to go and skip rocks in the water sometimes.
If your timing is lucky we may hop off our scooters and climb on a small bridge to attend the leveling of water between the locks of the canal Saint-Martin while a river boat awaits.
List of the places to see during our Montmartre Tour by Vespa
- The cobblestone of Montmartre hill.
- Café des Deux Moulins.
- Les Abesses, (great for typical French food and shopping).
- The Wall of Love – a wall printed with the words « I Love You » in 311 different language.
- Red Light District including the cabaret Le Moulin Rouge.
- St Vincent street, Montmartre’s vineyard.
- Calm, discreet and luxurious: Villa Léandre.
- metro station Lamarck-Caulaincourt
- Square Suzanne-Buisson to see a Petanc field (typical French game in the south of France) and a statue of Saint Denis, The first bishop of Paris in 258 who was decapitated as a christian martyr on the “Butte” after which he took his head in his hands and walked to the sport where later the Saint Denis cathedral was built
- Allee des Brouillards. This is where Amélie sometimes came to do some day dreaming. At the end of the lane we meet another celebrity of this area. On a courtyard carrying here name stands a statue of the French singer Dalida.
- Le Moulin de la Galette : one of the last windmill in working condition which was in the past a « guinguette ».
- La place du Tertre, where french artists still offer their services.
- Saint-Pierre Market, fabrics merchants in the south-est.
- The popular district of Barbes and its open-air subway.
- Basilica of Sacré-Coeur.
- The Church Saint-Pierre de Montmartre.
- The walker-through-walls.
- Epicerie Collignon.
- Eastern train station with its facade, stairs, and view on the railways.
- Canal St-Martin.
- Oberkampf and its nightlife.
- The Cemetery of Le pere Lachaise and the tomb of Jim Morrison.
- The biggest park of Paris : Buttes Chaumont.
This romantic & very special Tour by Vespa Scooter is a great way to feel the vibe of the underground Paris.
Before we head back to your drop off location, we will stop by a gorgeous Parisian park lesser known to the tourists.
hop on your scooter and off to the Eastern Paris and Montmartre Tour.